Day 1 – Airport – Hunumulla
Arrival and transfer to Ambarella Lodge for a much needed rest after the journey. Free day to discover the plantation and the surrounding area. Dinner and overnight at Ambarella Lodge.
Day 2 – Hunumulla – Kandy
After breakfast departure for Kandy and the Millenium Elephant Foundation; a sanctuary for retired domestic elephants. Their Elephant Walk Experience offers an ethical, up close and personal experience alternative to the elephant riding options for tourists. In the afternoon; visit of the Temple of the Tooth, one of the most venerable Buddhist temples. Dinner and overnight in Kandy.
Day 3 – Kandy – Sigiriya
Breakfast and then departure for Sigiriya. Possibility to stop at a spice garden en route. In the afternoon, a climb of the famous Lion Rock in Sigiriya awaits. The summit is reached through a series of stairs that will lead to the top of the 180-meter high red rock that dominates the surrounding jungle and that harbors ruins of the citadel that served as the capital for Sri Lanka’s ancient kingdom. On the top one can admire the ancient rock paintings and the breath-taking view over the surrounding landscape. Dinner and overnight in Sigiriya
Day 4 – Sigiriya – Minneriya – Sigiriya
In the morning, visit of the caves of Dambulla. The 5 caves shelter over 150 Buddha statues from different eras. Continuation to Habarana to discover the flavours of the country during a lunch with a local family. In the afternoon, a jeep-safari to the Minneryia national park, known for its numerous herds of elephants completes the tour. Dinner and overnight in Sigiriya.
Day 5 – Sigiriya – Hunumulla
Return to Ambarella Lodge to await your return flight or flight to Maldives.
- Transport in a private, air conditioned vehicle with services of a licensed an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Meals mentioned in the program
- Admission fees and activities at places mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation in a double room at a standard property
- Applicable government taxes
Price does not include:
- International flights.
- International airport taxes.
- Sri Lanka Tourist Visa.
- Travel insurance.
- Drinks and personal expenses.
- All quotations are subject change depending on availability and prices can be adjusted according to fluctuations in exchange rates and increased government taxes. This can affect the total price. All rates are based on the best available price to date and are subject to change at the time of booking.